Applying A Semi-Transparent Or Solid Finish
To add more color while protecting against water and the elements, choose from over 100 semi-transparent and solid tones of Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck & House Waterproofing Stains. These beautiful, fade-resistant stains are available in a premium Latex formula and a traditional Oil formula.
Follow these general steps when applying a stain.
- Read all directions thoroughly.
- Cover any areas you will not be treating.
- Prior to application, clean completely with a Thompson's® WaterSeal® cleaner.
- Allow surface to dry at least two days after cleaning.
- To ensure consistent color, intermix all containers (of the same color) to be used on the same project.
- A small trial patch should be tried before application over the entire surface.
- For best results, apply with a paint pad, brush, roller or compression driven sprayer set for low pressure. When rolling or spraying be sure to go back and brush in stain to ensure coverage.
- Keep the leading edge wet and distribute stain evenly. This will help avoid lap marks and keep color uniform.
- Only one coat is recommended. A second coat can be added if desired. Allow the first coat to dry thoroughly before second application.