Applying A Tinted Finish
To add beautiful color to your wood without hiding the natural wood grain, try Thompson's® WaterSeal® Waterproofer Plus Tinted Wood Protector or Thompson's® WaterSeal® Advanced Tinted Wood Protector. These tinted finishes come in four beautiful wood tones—Honey Gold, Natural Cedar, Rustic Red and Nutmeg Brown. They protect against water damage and have a coating that resists mildew and UV damage.
Follow these general steps when applying a tinted finish.
- Read all directions thoroughly.
- New Pressure-Treated Wood: Thompson's® WaterSeal® Advanced waterproofers can be applied immediately to new pressure-treated wood. If using Thompson's® WaterSeal® Waterproofer Plus Tinted Wood Protector, you should wait 30 days.
- Cover any areas you will not be treating.
- Prior to application, clean completely with a Thompson's® WaterSeal® cleaner.
- When using Thompson's® WaterSeal® Waterproofer Plus Tinted Wood Protector make sure the wood is completely dry before application. When using Thompson's® WaterSeal® Advanced waterproofers, the wood can be damp.
- To ensure consistent color, intermix all containers (of the same color) to be used on the same project.
- A small trial patch should be tried before application over the entire surface.
- For best results, apply with a paint pad or brush. If using a garden or pump-up sprayer, you will need to back-brush with a paint pad or brush to even out the finish.
- Only one light coat is necessary in most applications. Do not saturate surfaces, puddle or build wet film.