Cleaning An Old Deck That Has Not Been Stained
If your deck is old, weathered and has never been stained, then all you need to get rid of that dirt is Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck Wash. It's easy-no scrubbing, fast acting. Just spray on the Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck Wash and in minutes you'll start to see natural wood tones replace gray, weathered wood. You can even use this cleaner on composite surfaces. It is always best to wait 2-3 days, depending on weather conditions, for the wood to dry thoroughly before applying a Thompson's® WaterSeal® oil-based waterproofer or stain. For other products, like Thompson's® WaterSeal® Advanced waterproofers, you can apply the waterproofer after only a few hours.
- Read label directions thoroughly before use.
- Remove all furniture and decorative items.
- Sweep surface clean.
- If surface has been previously treated with a waterproofer, splash water against surface. If it beads, dampen surface lightly before using product. Otherwise, it is best to apply product to a dry surface.
- The fastest way to apply is with a pump-up sprayer. You can also apply with a brush or roller.
- Do not allow product to come into contact with metal.
- Use a strong spray.
- In areas with heavy discoloration or dirt, apply second coat and brush lightly with a broom.
- The longer the product remains on the surface, the lighter the surface will become. Do not allow product to remain on the surface longer than 30 minutes.
- Wait 2-3 days, depending on weather conditions, for the wood to dry before applying a Thompson's® WaterSeal® oil-based waterproofer or stain. For Thompson's® WaterSeal® Advanced waterproofers, you only need to wait a few hours before application.