Thompson's® WaterSeal® Maximum Strength Deck Stripper
Formulated to remove oil and latex-based (water-based) solid and semi-transparent stains and tinted and clear waterproofers from decks and other exterior wood or wood plastic composite surfaces. It also restores the natural color and beauty to severely weathered and discolored wood.
- Removes toughest stains & waterproofers.
- Restores wood’s natural color & beauty.
- Removes Stains From Dirt, Mildew, Algae and Fungus.
- Use before waterproofing on: decks & fences, outdoor furniture, exterior wood, wood plastic composite decking.
- Use if you need to remove solid stains and stronger, difficult to remove semi-transparent stains or tinted and clear waterproofers in addition to stains from dirt, mildew, algae & fungus.
- Approximately 150 square feet per gallon depending on the condition and porosity of the wood.
Directions for use
Before you begin
- This product is corrosive. Handle with care.
- Thompson's® WaterSeal® Maximum Strength Deck Stripper should NOT be used on new or untreated wood as it may cause the wood to "fuzz" or raise the wood’s grain.
- A trial patch is recommended before starting. Test on an inconspicuous area before applying to entire surface.
- Product can be applied to dry or damp wood.
- Remove all deck furniture and decorative items that could come in contact with Thompson's® WaterSeal® Maximum Strength Deck Stripper. Do not allow product to come in contact with aluminum, painted or finished surfaces you do not intend to restore. Protect glass from contact with product.
- Saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water prior to application. Then cover all plants and shrubs to protect them from contact with product. Uncover promptly after use.
- Prevent contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wear impervious chemical-resistant rubber gloves and safety goggles during use. Do not allow Thompson's® WaterSeal® Maximum Strength Deck Stripper to come into prolonged contact with carpet or fabric, as damage may occur.
- After application of Thompson's® WaterSeal® Maximum Strength Deck Stripper, it is strongly recommended you use a wood brightener such as Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck Cleaner & Brightener to neutralize the surface and allow for the best performance of your reapplied waterproofer or stain. Thompson's® WaterSeal® Maximum Strength Deck Stripper may substantially darken Cedar and Redwood. Using a wood brightener will also help restore these woods' natural color and beauty.
- Plan the application: for horizontal surfaces, walk backwards as you work so you do not walk on the surface being treated. For vertical surfaces, work from the bottom up.
- Exercise caution when working on wet surfaces, as they tend to be extremely slippery.
- Prevent contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wear impervious chemical-resistant rubber gloves and safety goggles during use.
- Add contents of container to a plastic bucket or plastic watering can. Do not use a metal container. Do not apply through any type of spray equipment. Contact with spray mist causes eye, skin and respiratory tract burns.
- Apply Thompson's® WaterSeal® Maximum Strength Deck Stripper liberally with a synthetic bristle brush or roller or pour liberally from a plastic watering can. Do not apply to an area larger than you can work on within 10-15 minutes. Immediately and thoroughly rinse with water any accidental spills or surfaces that unintentionally come in contact with product.
- Wait 10-15 minutes and then scrub the surface with a synthetic, stiff bristle brush (do not use a wire or natural bristle brush) to remove any stain or finish that does not immediately come up. Do not let Thompson's® WaterSeal® Maximum Strength Deck Stripper completely dry during application. If it does dry, re-wet surface with product.
- If stubborn areas remain, repeat the application in those areas.
- Thoroughly rinse the surface with a garden hose or pressure washer, removing all residue. After rinsing the surface, be sure to saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water.
- Use a wood brightener such as Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck Cleaner & Brightener to neutralize the surface, allowing for the best performance of your reapplied waterproofer or stain. A wood brightener also helps restore the natural color and beauty of Redwood, Cedar and other highly resinous woods.
- Wait 2–3 days, depending on weather conditions, for the wood to dry thoroughly before applying a Thompson's® WaterSeal® waterproofer or stain.
- Rinse equipment and brushes thoroughly with soap and water.