Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Brightener Concentrate
Cleans all wood types, neutralizes wood after using other cleaners/strippers and is specially formulated for redwood, cedar and other highly resinous hardwoods. While many cleaners can darken these woods, Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Brightener helps restore wood's natural color and beauty with concentrated cleaning power for decks, fences, siding and other exterior wood surfaces.
- Removes Tannin & Rust Stains
- Removes Mill Glaze on New Wood
- Removes Stains From Dirt, Mildew, Algae and Fungus
- Neutralizes Wood After Other Cleaners/Strippers
- Restores Wood's Natural Beauty
- Maximizes Performance of Waterproofers & Stains
- Concentrated Formula
To minimize our impact on the environment, we reduced our footprint through the packaging of this product. This bottle is made with 25% post consumer recycled material and 51% less plastic*.
* Versus traditional gallon size cleaners, leading exterior household cleaner brands.
- Approximately 150-250 sq. ft. per gallon depending on the condition and porosity of the wood. For stubborn stains and stronger dilution ratio such as 1:1, coverage will be less.
Directions for use
Before you begin
- Use in a well-ventilated area and only as directed.
- A trial patch is recommended before starting. Test on an inconspicuous area before applying to entire surface.
- DO NOT MIX WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCTS, especially those containing chlorine or bleach (sodium hypochlorite).
- Avoid spraying on windy days.
- Prior to spraying, close all windows and doors around area in which you are working.
- Remove all deck furniture and decorative items that could come in contact with Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Brightener. Do not allow product to come in contact with painted or finished surfaces you do not intend to restore.
- Saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water prior to application. Then cover all plants and shrubs to protect them from overspray. Uncover promptly after use.
- Wear a long-sleeved shirt, pants, eye protection and rubber gloves. Do not allow Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Brightener to come in prolonged contact with clothing, carpet or fabric, as damage may occur.
- Remove any loose dirt and debris from wood. If wood is extremely dry or in direct hot sunlight, wet with water.
- Plan the application: for horizontal surfaces, work backwards so you do not walk on the surface being treated. For vertical surfaces, work from the bottom up. Treat small areas at a time.
- Exercise caution when working on wet surfaces, as they tend to be slippery.
- Add full contents of 32 fl. oz container to three quarts of tap water in a plastic bucket or plastic pump-up sprayer. Do not use a metal container. Stir contents using a paint stir stick. NOTE: To clean stubborn stains, increase strength by adding the full contents of this container to 1 quart tap water.
- For ease of application, apply Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Brightener with a paint pad, pump-up sprayer, or use a synthetic, deck brush or roller.
- Apply to no more than 5-10 boards (20 sq. ft.) at a time to maintain adequate surface wetness and to allow best results. Immediately and thoroughly rinse any overspray or accidental spills with water.
- Allow Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Brightener to remain on wood for 15 minutes. Do not let Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Brightener to completely dry during application. Continue maintaining a wet surface by reapplying more product as needed. Immediately prior to scrubbing, lightly wet the surface with tap water. Scrub surface with a stiff, synthetic deck brush.
- If stubborn areas remain, repeat the application in those areas.
- Thoroughly rinse the surface with a garden hose or pressure washer, removing all residue. After rinsing the surface, be sure to saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water.
- Wait 2-3 days, depending on weather conditions, for the wood to dry thoroughly before applying a Thompson's® WaterSeal® waterproofers and stains. Use Thompson's® WaterSeal® waterproofers and stains to protect your wood from the elements and provide the highest level of waterproofing protection available.
- Rinse equipment and brushes thoroughly with soap and water.
- Reduce your environmental footprint, recycle this empty container
- Protect from freezing. Do not store below 30°F.