Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Cleaner Concentrate
Specially designed to remove weathered clear and tinted waterproofers and semi-transparent stains with concentrated cleaning power for decks, fences, siding and other exterior wood surfaces. It also restores the natural color and beauty to severely weathered and discolored wood without bleaching. Unlike many competitive products, Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Cleaner is pH neutral, which means you do not need to apply another solution before waterproofing or staining. Additionally, this cleaner maximizes the performance of waterproofers and stains.
- Removes Weathered Waterproofers & Semi-Transparent Stains
- Removes Stains From Dirt, Mildew, Algae and Fungus
- Restores Wood's Natural Beauty
- Maximizes Performance of Waterproofers & Stains
- Concentrated Formula
To minimize our impact on the environment, we reduced our footprint through the packaging of this product. This bottle is made with 25% post consumer recycled content and 51% less plastic*
* Versus traditional gallon size cleaners, leading exterior household cleaner brands.
- Approximately 100-250 sq. ft. per gallon depending on the condition and porosity of the wood. For stubborn stains and stronger dilution ratio such as 1:1, coverage will be less.
Directions for use
Before you begin
- A trial patch is recommended before starting. Test on an inconspicuous area before applying to entire surface.
- Product can be applied to dry or damp wood.
- Avoid spraying on windy days.
- Prior to spraying, close all windows and doors around area in which you are working.
- Remove all deck furniture and decorative items that could come in contact with Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Cleaner. Do not allow product to come in contact with aluminum, painted or finished surfaces that you do not intend to restore.
- Saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water prior to application. Then cover all plants and shrubs to protect them from overspray. Uncover promptly after use.
- Wear a long-sleeved shirt, pants, eye protection and rubber gloves. Do not allow Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Cleaner to come in prolonged contact with clothing, carpet or fabric, as damage may occur.
- Using Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Cleaner will not darken Cedar and Redwood. You do not need to apply a wood brightener after using Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Cleaner.
- Plan the application: for horizontal surfaces, work backwards so that you do not walk on the surface being treated. For vertical surfaces, work from the bottom up. Treat small areas at a time.
- Exercise caution when working on wet surfaces, as they tend to be slippery.
- Add full contents of 32 fl. oz. container to three quarts of tap water in a plastic bucket or plastic pump-up sprayer. Do not use a metal container. Stir contents using a paint stir stick. NOTE: To clean stubborn stains, increase strength by adding the full contents of this container to 1 quart tap water.
- For ease of application, apply Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Cleaner with a paint pad, pump-up sprayer, or use a synthetic, deck brush or roller. Do not breathe spray mist. Do not apply to an area larger than you can work on within 10-15 minutes. Immediately and thoroughly rinse any overspray or accidental spills with water.
- Allow Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Cleaner to remain on wood for 15 minutes. Do not let Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Cleaner to completely dry during application. Continue maintaining a wet surface by reapplying more product as needed. Immediately prior to scrubbing, lightly wet the surface with tap water. Scrub surface with a stiff, synthetic deck brush.
- If stubborn areas remain, repeat the application in those areas.
- Thoroughly rinse the surface with a garden hose or pressure washer, removing all residue. After rinsing the surface, be sure to saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water.
- Wait 2-3 days, depending on weather conditions, for the wood to dry thoroughly before applying a Thompson's® WaterSeal® waterproofer or stain. Use Thompson's® WaterSeal® waterproofers and stains to protect your wood from the elements and provide the highest level of waterproofing protection available.
- Rinse equipment and brushes thoroughly with soap and water.
- Reduce your environmental footprint, recycle this empty container.
- Protect from freezing. Do not store below 30°F.