Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Stripper Concentrate
Specially formulated to remove the toughest oil and latex-based (water-based) solid stains and tinted and clear waterproofers with concentrated power for decks, fences, siding and other exterior wood surfaces. It also restores the natural color and beauty to severely weathered and discolored wood.
- Removes Toughest Waterproofers & Solid Stains
- Removes Stains From Dirt, Mildew, Algae and Fungus
- Restores Wood's Natural Beauty
- Maximizes Performance of Waterproofers & Stains
- Concentrated Formula
To minimize our impact on the environment, we reduced our footprint through the packaging of this product. This bottle is made with 25% post consumer recycled content and 51% less plastic*.
* Versus traditional gallon size cleaners, leading exterior household cleaner brands
- Approximately 150 sq. ft. per gallon depending on the condition and porosity of the wood. For stubborn stains and stronger dilution ratio such as 1:1, coverage will be less.
Directions for use
Before you begin
- Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Stripper should NOT be used on new or untreated wood as it may cause the wood to "fuzz" or raise the wood's grain.
- A trial patch is recommended before starting. Test on an inconspicuous area before applying to entire surface.
- Product can be applied to dry or damp wood.
- Remove all deck furniture and decorative items that could come in contact with Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Stripper. Do not allow product to come in contact with aluminum, painted or finished surfaces you do not intend to restore. Protect glass from contact with product.
- Saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water prior to application. Then cover all plants and shrubs to protect them from contact with product. Uncover promptly after use.
- Prevent contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wear impervious chemical-resistant rubber gloves and safety goggles during use. Do not allow Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Stripper to come into prolonged contact with carpet or fabric, as damage may occur.
- After application of Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Stripper, it is strongly recommended you use a wood brightener such as Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Brightener to neutralize the surface and allow for the best performance of your reapplied waterproofer or stain. Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Stripper may substantially darken Cedar, Redwood, and Hardwoods. Using a wood brightener will also help restore these woods' natural color and beauty.
- Plan the application: for horizontal surfaces, walk backwards as you work so you do not walk on the surface being treated. For vertical surfaces, work from the bottom up.
- Exercise caution when working on wet surfaces, as they tend to be extremely slippery.
- Prevent contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wear impervious chemical-resistant rubber gloves and safety goggles during use.
- Add full contents of 32 fl. oz container to three quarts of tap water in a plastic bucket or plastic watering can. Do not use a metal container. Stir contents using a paint stir stick. Do not apply through any type of spray equipment. NOTE: To clean stubborn stains, increase strength by adding the full contents of this container to 1 quart tap water.
- Apply Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Stripper liberally with a paint pad, synthetic, deck brush, roller or pour liberally from a plastic watering can. Do not apply to an area larger than you can work on within 10-15 minutes. Immediately and thoroughly rinse with water any accidental spills or surfaces that unintentionally come in contact with product.
- Allow Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Stripper to remain on wood for 15 minutes. Do not let Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Stripper to completely dry during application. Continue maintaining a wet surface by reapplying more product as needed. Immediately prior to scrubbing, lightly wet the surface with tap water. Scrub surface with a stiff, synthetic deck brush.
- If stubborn areas remain, repeat the application in those areas.
- Thoroughly rinse the surface with a garden hose or pressure washer, removing all residue. After rinsing the surface, be sure to saturate the ground around plants and shrubs with fresh water. Use a wood brightener such as Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Brightener to neutralize the surface, allowing for the best performance of your reapplied waterproofer or stain. A wood brightener also helps restore the natural color and beauty of Redwood, Cedar, Hardwoods and other highly resinous woods.
- Wait 2-3 days, depending on weather conditions, for the wood to dry thoroughly before applying a Thompson's® WaterSeal® waterproofer or stain. Use Thompson's® WaterSeal® waterproofers and stains to protect your wood from the elements and provide the highest level of waterproofing protection available.
- Rinse equipment and brushes thoroughly with soap and water.
- Protect from freezing. Do not store below 30°F.