Thompson's® WaterSeal® Clear Multi-Surface Waterproofer - Aerosol
For multi-surface waterproofing of small projects, Thompson's® WaterSeal® Clear Multi-Surface Waterproofer is also available in a convenient aerosol.
- Prevents water damage.
- Beads & waterproofs.
- Allows wood to gray naturally.
- Exceeds all federal waterproofing standards for wood, concrete and brick:
- Wood: exceeds industry standard ASTM D-4446 for waterproofing wood.
- Concrete: exceeds federal specification TT-C-555B for resistance to wind-driven rain.
- Brick: exceeds federal specification SS-W-110C for water repellency on brick.
- Use on: terra cotta planters, birdhouses, mailbox posts, small exterior surfaces.
- Use when mildew/biological factors are not a problem.
Directions for use
Before you begin
- Be sure that both surface and air temperature are above 40° F during application and for 48 hours after application. Do not apply product if rain is forecasted within 24 hours of application.
- Perform the splash test. Sprinkle water on various sections of surface to be sealed. If water absorbs and darkens color of surface within five seconds, surface is porous and considered ready to be treated. If water beads up or otherwise sits on top of surface, then surface does not need protection at this time.
- Certain surfaces, including some stucco and stabilized adobe may "bleed" in the presence of solvents, thereby resulting in discoloration. Test in an inconspicuous place before treating the entire surface.
- Cover plants and shrubs. Move all objects that could come in contact with overspray. Overspray of product onto glass should be removed immediately with paint thinner or mineral spirits.
- Do not use on asphalt, plastic, natural rubber or fabric, or on painted or recently stained surfaces.
- Surfaces and substrates must be free of all mildew, dust, dirt, oil, soot, grease and other contaminants.
- Surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned prior to application with a deck cleaner or concrete cleaner applied according to label directions and cautions. Always allow the surface to dry thoroughly (minimum of 2 days for wood, 3 or more days for concrete or masonry) before application.
- If surface is damp or wet from cleaning or weather, always allow the surface to dry thoroughly (a minimum of 48 hours) before application.
- Do not mix with other waterproofing products; variations in the final appearance may result.
- A small trial patch should be tried before application over the entire surface.
- Shake can well; hold can in upright position 12" from surface. Spray one thin coat over entire surface to be waterproofed - DO NOT SATURATE.
- If applying a second coat, allow first coat to dry for 24 hours.
- Use only with adequate ventilation.
- Oiliness and tackiness will result if over-applied, applied to wet or damp surface, or if overnight temperature falls below 40° F within 48 hours of application.
- Clean brushes and equipment with mineral spirits, then rinse with clean water.