Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck & House Solid Latex Waterproofing Stain
Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck & House Solid Latex Waterproofing Stain enhances the natural beauty of wood by adding exceptional fade resistant beautiful color that hides the wood grain while allowing wood texture to show. This formula is available in 67 rich tones. Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck & House Stains prevent water damage and provide a coating that resists mildew and UV damage. These one-coat stains are long-lasting and scuff resistant.
- Superior fade resistant color.
- Prevents water damage.
- Long-lasting and scuff resistant.
- Coating resists mildew and UV damage.
- One coat coverage.
- Soap and water clean-up.
- Low odor, safe and easy to use.
- Use on: decks, siding, fences, outdoor wood furniture, other exterior wood surfaces.
- Can be expected to protect against water damage and graying for 5 years on decks and 15 years on fences and siding.
|Actual coverage will vary due to porosity of surface material.||Approximate coverage sq. ft./gal.)|
Directions for use
When To Use
- FOR EXTERIOR USE ONLY!
- Use Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck & House Solid Latex Waterproofing Stain on any exterior wood or wood plastic composite surfaces.
- DO NOT USE PRODUCT IN PUMP-UP GARDEN SPRAYERS.
- WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. Contact the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
- Clean surface with a cleaner such as Thompson's® WaterSeal® House Wash or Deck Wash to remove all mildew, dust, dirt, oil, soot, grease and other contaminants. Remove all existing loose, flaking or peeling stain. Failure to do so will result in continued flaking and peeling.
- If surface is damp or wet from weather or cleaning, allow the surface to dry at least two days prior to staining for optimal penetration.
- To ensure good penetration, do not apply in direct sunlight or on hot days. Both surface and air temperatures should be above 50°F and below 95°F.
- Shake or mix thoroughly before application. (MECHANICAL SHAKING IS RECOMMENDED).
- Since in-store color samples may vary slightly when actually applied to wood (based on color, texture, grain, porosity and type of wood), apply Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck & House Solid Latex Waterproofing Stain to a small test area and let dry to determine final color before proceeding with the entire project.
- When using multiple gallons of the same color, mix together to assure color uniformity.
- DO NOT THIN.
- Apply using an exterior paint pad, brush, roller or compression driven sprayer set for low pressure. (When rolling or spraying be sure to go back and brush in stain to ensure even coverage.)
- Keep the leading edge wet and distribute stain evenly. This will help avoid lap marks and keep color uniform.
- Work from top to bottom or side to side in areas small enough to allow the leading edge to remain wet at all times during application. Use natural breaks (windows, doors) as boundaries to divide large areas into more manageable work areas.
- Only one coat of Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck & House Solid Latex Waterproofing Stain is recommended. A second coat can be added if desired. Allow the first coat to dry thoroughly (approximately 2 hours) before second application.
- Drying time will vary depending on temperature and humidity. Under normal conditions, Thompson's® WaterSeal® Deck & House Solid Latex Waterproofing Stain should dry to the touch within 2 hours.
- Clean brushes and equipment with soap and water.