Thompson's® WaterSeal® Waterproofing Stain - Tinted
Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofing Stain – Tinted provides complete outdoor wood protection while providing color and some wood grain to be seen.
- Prevents Water Damage
- Provides Fade & Scuff Resistant Color
- Coating Resists Mildew & UV Damage
- Add color without hiding natural wood grain
- 150-400 Sq. Ft/Gal.
Available exclusively at Walmart
Directions for use
Before you begin
- FOR EXTERIOR USE ONLY!
- To ensure good penetration do not apply in direct sunlight or on hot days. Both surface and air temperature should be above 50°F and below 95°F.
- WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- Surfaces and substrates must be free of all mildew stains, dust, dirt, oil, soot, grease and other contaminates.
- Surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned with a deck cleaner (like those in the Thompsons® WaterSeal® deck cleaner line) applied according to label directions and cautions.
- Remove all existing loose, flaking or peeling stain. Failure to do so will result in continued flaking and peeling.
- If surface is damp or wet from cleaning or weather, allow the surface to dry thoroughly (a minimum of 48 hours) prior to applying for optimal penetration.
- Do not mix with other waterproofing products; variations in the final appearance of the surface being treated may result.
- Do not thin.
- Shake well - intermix all cans (of the same color) to be used to assure color uniformity. Shake, stir or mix thoroughly before and occasionally during use.
- A small trial patch should be tried before application over the entire surface.
- Apply using an exterior paint pad, brush, roller, dipping or compression driven sprayer. If over applied, remove excess before it dries by redistributing to dry areas or wiping off.
- Keep the leading edge wet and distribute waterproofer evenly. This will help avoid lap marks and keep the color uniform.
- Only one coat is recommended. A second coat can be added if more color is desired. Allow the first coat to dry (approximately 2 hours) before second application.
- Use only with adequate ventilation.
- Drying time will vary depending on temperature and humidity. Under normal conditions Thompson's® WaterSeal® Waterproofing Stain - Tinted should dry to the touch within 2 hours.
- Clean brushes and equipment with soap and water. Read cautions on the handling and disposal of rags.