Thompson's® WaterSeal® Waterproofing Wood Protector - Clear Aerosol

Waterproofing Wood Protector - Clear Aerosol Convenient waterproofing spray that provides complete outdoor wood protection. Recommended for small exterior wood projects, such as birdhouses, Adirondack chairs, mailboxes, planter boxes, wicker furniture, and more.

 
Watch the video below to learn how to waterproof wood with this easy-to-use waterproofing spray.

Key Features

Prevents Water Damage
Helps Maintain Wood’s Natural Color
Coating Resists Mildew and UV Damage
Exceeds Industry Standard ASTM D-4446 for Waterproofing Wood

Approximate Coverage

  • 25 Sq. Ft/Can
 

Before You Begin

  • When applying this product wear a dust/mist filtering respirator (MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-21C), or a NIOSH approved respirator with any R, P, or HE filter.
  • Be sure that both surface and air temperature are above 50° F during application and for 48 hours after application. Do not apply product if rain is forecasted within 24 hours of application.
  • Perform the splash test. Sprinkle water on various sections of surface to be sealed. If water absorbs and darkens color of surface within five seconds, surface is porous and considered ready to be treated. If water beads up or otherwise sits on top of surface, then surface does not need protection at this time.
  • Cover plants and shrubs. Move all objects that could come in contact with overspray. Overspray of product onto glass should be removed immediately with paint thinner or mineral spirits.
  • Do not use in below grade application where water pressure is a problem or on painted or recently stained surfaces.
  • Excessive oiliness caused by one application may be removed by scrubbing wood with concentrate degreaser.

Surface Preparation

  • Surfaces and substrates must be free of all mildew stains, dust, dirt, oil, soot, grease and other contaminants.
  • Surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned prior to application with a wood cleaner (like those in the Thompson’s® WaterSeal® cleaner line) applied according to label directions and cautions. Always allow the surface to dry thoroughly (minimum of 2 days for wood) before application.
  • If surface is damp or wet from cleaning or weather, always allow the surface to dry thoroughly (a minimum of 48 hours) before application.

Application

  • A small trial patch should be tried before application over the entire surface.
  • Shake can well; hold can in upright position 12” from surface. Spray one thin coat over entire surface to be waterproofed – DO NOT SATURATE.
  • If applying a second coat, allow first coat to dry for 24 hours. Back brush if puddling occurs.
  • Use only with adequate ventilation.
  • Oiliness and tackiness will result if over-applied, applied to wet or damp surface, or if overnight temperature falls below 40° F within 48 hours of application.

Drying

  • Allow at least 48 hours.

Cautions

CAUTIONS: CONTAINS ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS. DANGER! EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Vapors will accumulate readily and may ignite explosively. Keep area ventilated during use and until all vapors are gone. DO NOT SMOKE - Extinguish all flames, pilot lights and heaters - Turn off stoves, electric tools and appliances, and any other sources of ignition. CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or heat from radiators, stoves, hot water and other heat sources that may cause bursting. Do not puncture, incinerate, burn or store above 120°F. Keep upright in a cool, dry place. Do not discard empty can in home garbage compactor. VAPOR HARMFUL. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid continuous breathing of vapor and spray mist. To avoid breathing vapors or spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE: Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
 
DANGER! EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE – VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRES! CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE. VAPOR HARMFUL. IRRITATES EYES, SKIN AND RESPIRATORY TRACT.
 

Also Available