Thompson's® WaterSeal® Waterproofer Plus Masonry Protector
Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofer Plus Masonry Protector provides proven waterproofing protection for all masonry surfaces including pavers, brick, concrete, stone, stucco, clay & quarry tile. It waterproofs long after the initial water beading is gone.
- Prevents Water Damage
- Coating Resists Mildew & UV Damage
- Helps Maintain Natural Color of Surface
- Dries Clear
- Use on: pavers, brick, concrete, stone, stucco, clay & quarry tile
Actual coverage will vary due to porosity of surface material.
|Material||(approximate coverage sq. ft./gal)|
|Smooth Concrete Block||50|
|**Clay Tile & Quarry Tile||250|
|**Slate - Masonite||375|
*Coverage will depend on the type of pavers.
**Wipe surface dry after 5-10 minutes.
Directions for use
Before you begin
- Be sure that both surface and air temperatures are above 50°F during application and remain above 40°F for 48 hours after application. Do not apply product if rain is forecasted within 24 hours of application.
- Perform the splash test. Sprinkle water on various sections of surface to be sealed. If water absorbs and darkens color of substrate within five seconds, surface is porous and considered ready to be treated. If water beads up or otherwise sits on top of surface, then surface does not need protection at this time.
- Cover plants and shrubs. Move all objects that come in contact with overspray. Wet overspray of product can be removed by flushing immediately with water. Dried overspray can be removed with paint thinner or mineral spirits, following manufacturer’s safety recommendations.
- Do not use in below grade application where water pressure is a problem, or on painted or recently stained surfaces.
- DO NOT USE AS AN ADDITIVE TO PAINT.
- Do not freeze. Do not store below 32°F.
- Surfaces and substrates must be free of all mildew, dust, dirt, oil, soot, grease and other contaminants.
- Surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned prior to application with a concrete cleaner applied according to label directions and cautions. Always allow concrete or masonry surfaces to dry thoroughly (3 or more days) before applying Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofer Plus Masonry Protector.
- Concrete that has a smooth, flat finish must be opened to allow for proper penetration. This should be done by using a concrete etch product. Allow concrete to dry a minimum of 72 hours after etching and before applying a waterproofer.
- Do not mix with other waterproofing products; variations in the final appearance may result.
- Do not thin.
- Concrete/Stucco must be completely cured (minimum of 4 weeks) and dry.
- Shake contents well before use.
- A small trial patch should be tried before application over the entire surface.
- Only one light coat is necessary in most applications.
- Apply by brush, roller, dipping, or sprayer. A garden “pump up” style sprayer is the simplest method. Product will appear milky white during application, but will dry clear. If over applied, remove excess before it dries by redistributing to dry areas or wiping off.
- Use only with adequate ventilation.
- See Coverage Guidelines on side panel.
- Darkening of the surface and tackiness will result if over-applied. May also occur after application if overnight temperature falls below 40°F within 48 hours of application.
- Allow at least 24 hours to dry; however drying time will vary depending on the substrate, temperature and humidity. When completely dry, do splash test to determine if second coat is necessary.
- Allow 45 days drying time before applying latex paint over Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofer Plus Masonry Protector.
- Allow a minimum of 3 days drying time before applying oil based paint over Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofer Plus Masonry Protector.
- Length of protection will vary depending on environment. Perform the splash test once a year to see whether reapplication is necessary. Vertical and horizontal surfaces will experience color changes at different rates.
- Clean brushes and equipment with soap and water. Dry product can be removed with mineral spirits, following manufacturer’s safety recommendations.