Thompson's® WaterSeal® Fabric Seal
Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Fabric Seal provides maximum strength waterproofing protection for outdoor and indoor fabric surfaces such as patio cushions, pillows and umbrellas. It contains UV inhibitors in order to resist color fading caused by the sun. Thompson’s® Water Seal® Fabric Seal penetrates below the surface to protect against moisture damage without leaving surfaces discolored, stiff or sticky.
- Prevents Water Damage
- Resists Color Fading
- Repels Spills & Stains
- Allows Fabric to Breathe
- Use on: cushions, pillows, umbrellas, canopies and other outdoor fabrics.
- Do not use on suede, delicate leathers, carpeting or surfaces subject to foot traffic.
- 60 sq. ft. per 11.5 oz. depending on the condition and porosity of the surface.
Directions for use
Before you begin
- Perform the splash test. Sprinkle water on the surface to be treated. If water absorbs and darkens color of the surface, the surface is considered ready to be treated. If water beads up or otherwise sits on top of the surface, the surface does not need protection at this time.
- We strongly recommend a trial patch before you start. Formula may impart a slightly darker color on lighter fabrics.
- Apply only to colorfast materials. Test for colorfastness in an inconspicuous place before treating the entire surface. Spray surface until wet. Wipe with white absorbent cloth. If color comes off, do not treat the surface.
- Before applying to furniture, check the furniture manufacturer’s care and warranty information.
- Protect surrounding areas from overspray.
- Use in a well-ventilated area, away from heat and flame. Do not use while smoking.
- Surface must be clean and thoroughly dry.
- Hold can in upright position 6 to 8 inches from surface.
- Spray liberally and evenly over entire surface. Do not saturate.
- If applying to upholstery, avoid heavy saturation into cushioning.
- Two coats are recommended. Allow a drying time of 4 hours between coats.
- To maintain waterproofing, reapply after every cleaning. Reapply annually.
- Allow 24 hours before exposing to moisture.