Thompson's® WaterSeal® Sport Seal®
Thompson's® WaterSeal® Sport Seal® Protectant provides long-lasting, maximum strength waterproofing protection for outdoor sporting, camping, hunting, and boating surfaces such as outerwear, footwear, tents and much more. It penetrates below the surface and forms a barrier that protects against moisture damage without leaving surfaces discolored, stiff or sticky.
- Maximum Strength Waterproofing
- Long-Lasting Protection
- Allows Fabric to Breathe
- Repels Spills & Stains
- Use on: outerwear, footwear, backpacks, tents & sleeping bags. Sports, camping, boating and hunting gear.
- Do not use on suede, delicate leathers, carpeting or surfaces subject to foot traffic.
- 60 sq. ft. per 11.5 oz. depending on the condition and porosity of the surface.
Directions for use
Before you begin
- Perform the splash test. Sprinkle water on the surface to be treated. If water absorbs and darkens color of the surface, the surface is considered ready to be treated. If water beads up or otherwise sits on top of the surface, the surface does not need protection at this time.
- We strongly recommend a trial patch before you start. Formula may impart a slightly darker color on lighter fabrics.
- Apply only to colorfast materials. Test for colorfastness in an inconspicuous place before treating the entire surface. Spray surface until wet. Wipe with white absorbent cloth. If color comes off, do not treat the surface.
- Before applying to furniture, check the furniture manufacturer’s care and warranty information.
- Protect surrounding areas from overspray.
- Use in a well-ventilated area, away from heat and flame. Do not use while smoking.
- Surface must be clean and thoroughly dry.
- Hold can in upright position 6 to 8 inches from surface.
- Spray liberally and evenly over entire surface. Do not saturate.
- Avoid heavy saturation of product.
- Two coats are recommended, particularly on leather. Allow a drying time of 4 hours between coats.
- To maintain waterproofing, reapply after every cleaning. Reapply annually.
- Allow 24 hours before exposing to moisture.