Thompson's® WaterSeal® Wood Stain


Available Colors


Quick and convenient waterproofing spray that provides complete outdoor wood protection. This spray stain offers beautiful fade resistant color and is ideal for small outdoor projects and touch ups.

Key Features

  • Fast and Easy-to-Use
  • Superior Fade Resistant Color
  • Coating Resists UV Damage
  • Use on: Wood Chairs, Picnic Tables, Planters, Mailboxes, Benches and more!

Approximate Coverage

  • 25 Sq. Ft/Can

Before You Begin

  • Spray outdoors in a well-ventilated area.
  • Protect surrounding areas from overspray.
  • Best results when air & surface temperature is 50°F - 90°F & humidity below 85%.


  • WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. Contact the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-484-LEAD (In US) or contact your local health authority.
  • Surface should be clean dull & dry. Remove mildew & dirt first. Penetrates best on weathered or untreated wood.


  • Shake can 1-2 minutes and during use.
  • Test stain in an inconspicuous area first.
  • Hold can 8-12" from surface, spray in sweeping motion side to side extending past the end of the area, but do not over apply.
  • To see more grain, spray a light coat or wipe excess stain with a rag. If an additional coat is desired wait 15 minutes.


  • Dries to touch in 60 minutes or less. Heavier applications will take longer to dry.
  • Allow surface to fully dry 24-48 hours before use.

Clean Up

  • To prevent clogs, hold can upside down and spray until clear gas appears.
  • To clean stain on dial, wear eye protection, and wipe off with mineral spirits.
  • DO NOT stick pin in dial opening.
  • Clean overspray with mineral spirits following manufacturer's instructions.
DANGER: Rags soaked with this product may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Immediately after use, place rags in a sealed, water-filled, metal container.


CONTAINS ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS, PROPANE, AND BUTANE. DANGER! EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Vapors will accumulate readily and may ignite explosively. Keep area vented during use and until all vapors are gone. DO NOT SMOKE - Extinguish all flames, pilot lights and heaters - Turn off stoves, electric tools and appliances, and any other sources of ignition. CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or heat from radiators, stoves, hot water and other heat sources that may cause bursting. Do not puncture, incinerate, burn or store above 120°F. Keep upright in a cool, dry place. Do not discard empty can in trash compactor. VAPOR HARMFUL. May affect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache or nausea. Causes eye, skin, nose and throat irritation. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid continuous breathing of vapor and spray mist. To avoid breathing vapors or spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE. Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal. WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. CONFORMS TO ASTM D-4236. Contact a physician for more health information.

Also Available